What To Bring
To ride in
- Riding tights/jodphurs
- Extra layers
- Boots - waterproof boots that have a small heel and good grip
- Waterproof jacket - Goretex or equivalent
- Waterproof trousers - Goretex or equivalent
- Half chaps
- Riding hat
- Reusable water bottle(s)
- Change of clothes for the evening
- Flip-flops or similar
To pack into saddle bags
- Reuseable water bottle - x2 if you get thirsty or in hot weather.
- Sun cream.
- Mobile phone & camera in a waterproof pouch.
- Emergency snacks - chocolate or nuts etc for an energy boost.
- Money/ wallet or purse in a waterproof pouch.
Do not bring these items they are unsuitable for trail riding
- Inflating air jackets
- Wellingtons, fashion boots, ponchos, camelbaks & backpacks
- Footwear with a smooth sole
Please arrive at Freerein with two categories of luggage:
1/ One holdall or suitcase or rucksack per rider . . .
- packed and ready to label for road transfer.
OR to repack into expedition saddlebags (for Trans-Cambrian Trails only).
Do not bring a bag that is too big or heavy for one person to lift easily. Aircraft cabin size cases are perfect.
Please do not pack items for luggage transfer in plastic bags; they break and your belongings may get lost.
All you need to pack is spare clothes and footwear for the evening(s) and your wash kit. Towels are provided at all overnight accommodation.
2/ Collection of articles in a large plastic bag . . .
- ready to ride in or pack into the saddle bags.
Waterproofs, hats, half chaps, lunch, water-bottle, sun cream, phone, camera, snacks, spare clothing etc.